Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Universal Mind

It’s a thing I do on my personal blog. It all started because I needed a topic for Thursdays I tend to get these random thoughts that then somehow become story ideas. They begin as “what if” questions. Some become full-fledged stories. Some sit around and wait for the right combination of factors before they turn into something. And some go nowhere.

The “rules” are simple. Let the question take you where it takes you. Ponder it. Reject it. Qualify it.

Answer it. Don’t answer it. (And if it turns into a story for you, I expect a “thank you” in the acknowledgments.;))

One show that generates a lot of ideas for me is Through the Wormhole on the Science Channel. As I dozed and watched the episode "Sixth Sense", an image on screen got me thinking.

What if the universe is one brain, and we are just components of it?

4 comments:

Huntress said...

I'm a religious sort. My belief is absolute but I'm not much of a church goer.

So my first thought of God. As in The not A.

Agree about the Wormhole program. Also the idea of dark energy stirs up all kinds of stuff in my mind.

Liz A. said...

Are you saying that God is the universal brain or that this question is meaningless?

Huntress said...

Neither. *Greatly* simplified:

If the impulse from the brain is fed to a neuron causing a chemical reaction that results in an action, or in this case an emotion, I can say it is God who began the process. And I am a product of Him.

Did I say "greatly simplified"? LOL

Liz A. said...

O. IC.

Well, the question is meant to be interpreted in any way you see fit.