Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Writer's Playlist--Dramatic Song by Toby Turner (Tobuscus)

This song makes me laugh every time. Listen and then we'll talk about what it has to do with writing.

:) Are you smiling?

We've all been here, right? Every writer comes to the writing world with different natural talents, but that doesn't mean we get it right the first time. It takes work and practice. Maybe we follow a formula. Maybe we try to make our story sound like an author we admire. Whatever it is, we eventually have to find our own voice, our own words.

What other writing lessons can you pull from this song?

You can also check out his Depressing Song, The Sideburns Song, What Does the Fax Say, and the Viral Song. His feed is great background music for cleaning the house. Seriously. If you have to clean the house you should play something to make you laugh because it's so silly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I am writing I can't listen to music with words--I can only handle instrumentals. Usually that means classical...

@Kathleen01930
Kathleen Valentine's Blog

Charity Bradford said...

Same for me @Kathleen. These songs aren't meant for listening to while writing, just something fun to encourage us to get creative again. :)

Liz A. said...

Interesting, the video didn't come up for me. (But I couldn't watch it now, anyway.)

Charity Bradford said...

Thanks for the heads up Liz! I don't know where it went, but it's back. :)