Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drabble #5--Transformation of Style

Transformation of Style

I stared at the rows of shoes in the window, imagining myself lying surrounded by masses of them. I grinned at the picture in my head. I could live happy in that nest for days.

The plethora of styles beckoned me through the door. A sales girl bounced into view and sat me down. After a fifteen minute whirlwind, I was walking away from the shop four inches taller. Rows of tiny, metallic, triangles glittering on my calves.

These boots may not be the fountain of youth, but I swear time pauses a little every time I take a step.

6 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

I love this unique twist! We each have our little things that transform how we feel.

Huntress said...

Shoes! sounds like a personal fountain of youth to me, *G*

Liza said...

Love that last line!

Anonymous said...

I really like your story, I felt as though I was in the show store with you. I thought the flow was steady and it just made me feel happy, and want to go shoe shopping : ) Clever last line too!

Hillary said...

Always looking for a unique twist :) thanks everyone!

Kristin Smith said...

LOVE this one! What a unique drabble! My favorite line: "Rows of tiny, metallic, triangles glittering on my calves." Awesome! I can totally picture it. Reminds me of "Confessions of a Shopaholic". :)