Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drabble #2--Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith

I stood at the Fountain of Youth, boots worn, rat's-nest hair dripping sweat, pouring into my eyes. I lifted my hat and wiped my brow. I'd finally made it.

The three mountains that made the triangle teeth weren't bad. Hard to find, but not bad. This plethora of trees, though, who needs that? 

Now water coursed by.

I wasn't sure how to trust it.

How's it worked exactly?

Fine print somewhere, always was.

Eternal youth?

Maybe.

A river never stops either, but it does end. A big cosmic joke, right?

One way to tell.

I lifted my cup and drank.

6 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

Ha, ha. I like the humor in here. That skeptical, "let's see how this goes" attitude.

Huntress said...

Oh, no fair! What happens? LOL

Anonymous said...

I really like the humor, there were several parts that made me smile. Yep, theres always fine print somewhere : ) And your story really left me wanting more!

Hillary said...

I love how you worked in the required words! I want to see the triangle teeth mountains :)

mshatch said...

Ooh, I like this one!

Kristin Smith said...

"Fine print somewhere, always was"--love that line!! I like the light-hearted but skeptic tone of this drabble. Great job!