Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweet Treats

And for a Valentines Day Special Treat....

I have a submission!

No...Not that kind of submission! Sheesh....that was yesterday. Man...

This Novel is an Historical Time Traveling Romance/Fiction. The two main characters have both traveled back into the past...but neither of them are aware of this...

Title of the Novel : Paradise Tours

  Katherine stretched her legs out, wiggling her toes. She took another
sip of the whiskey, wishing for tonic water or ice. So many things to miss,
she thought, glancing over at Jack who was watching the embers burn. The
light from the lamp accentuated the highlights in his hair, and she wondered
what it might feel like to run her fingers through it, what it might feel
like to kiss him...
     What would he do, she wondered, if she got up and went over to him?
     She took another sip from the cup and set it aside, rising and going
over to stand before him. She began to unbutton her blouse.
     "What are you doing?" he asked, almost choking.
     "What does it look like I'm doing?"
     He shook his head, rising, stopping her with his hands. "You don't have
to - "
     "But I want to," she said, cutting him off, "unless of course, you
don't."
     "Oh, I do, but..."
     "But what?"
     "Are you sure?"
     "Very."
     "Then let me," he said, unbuttoning the next, his fingers surprisingly
agile with the tiny flat buttons.
     "I take it you've done this before," Katherine said.
     "A couple of times," Jack said with a smile, slipping her blouse off,
letting his hands skim lightly over her shoulders and down the length of her
arms. "You?"
     "I was married, remember?" She smiled back.
     "Oh, really?"
     "Well, almost," Katherine amended.
     "Then this won't be the first time you've been kissed..."
     But it felt like the first kiss the way he brushed his lips against
hers, slowly, teasing, and when his tongue came to part her lips she
couldn't help but sigh, pressing closer to him, wanting to feel him against
her. Her arms twined up around his head, her fingers in his hair, those
golden strands.

Great beginning to a love scene. I love the teasing. The back and forth unsure-ness. I also like how underneath it all they're both not really who they think they are...:) Kinda adds another element to the whole thing. And I Still don't understand why this novel hasn't been picked up...*snarkity grumble*

What does everyone think? Please add your thoughts!

And enjoy this celebratory day of love!

4 comments:

Romance Reader said...

Sounds like a great story!

All the best!

Nas

Liz A. said...

I like it. My only complaint is something that I see in all published books and I think I'm the only one this bothers (read: ignore this). I get lost in the dialog with no tags. Somewhere about the third one, I lose track of who's talking.

Aldrea Alien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aldrea Alien said...

It can get rather tanglesome.