An unselfish wish made on the horn of a unicorn will come true. Our wish? To support the writing community by giving constructive tips and criticism through submissions. Check out the submissions tab for more information. We can survive the crucible of fire together.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drabble #5--Transformation of Style

Transformation of Style

I stared at the rows of shoes in the window, imagining myself lying surrounded by masses of them. I grinned at the picture in my head. I could live happy in that nest for days.

The plethora of styles beckoned me through the door. A sales girl bounced into view and sat me down. After a fifteen minute whirlwind, I was walking away from the shop four inches taller. Rows of tiny, metallic, triangles glittering on my calves.

These boots may not be the fountain of youth, but I swear time pauses a little every time I take a step.

7 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

I love this unique twist! We each have our little things that transform how we feel.

Huntress, aka CD Coffelt said...

Shoes! sounds like a personal fountain of youth to me, *G*

Liza said...

Love that last line!

Ginger Faulkner said...

I really like your story, I felt as though I was in the show store with you. I thought the flow was steady and it just made me feel happy, and want to go shoe shopping : ) Clever last line too!

Hillary said...

Always looking for a unique twist :) thanks everyone!

mshatch said...

Ha!

Kristin Smith said...

LOVE this one! What a unique drabble! My favorite line: "Rows of tiny, metallic, triangles glittering on my calves." Awesome! I can totally picture it. Reminds me of "Confessions of a Shopaholic". :)