Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Yay or Nay #4: Out of Touch

"What do you want for dinner tomorrow night?" Leo's voice dropped an octave, setting my nerve ends on fire.  Were we still talking about food?

"Are you cooking?"  My voice was less than steady.  He smiled wolfishly.

"No."

"Ah... well then... anything is fine."

His eyes raked me top to bottom for the second time that day.  "Gigi, have I told you today that you look gorgeous in that dress?" He stepped forward and I backed up until I was pressed into the door.

"Well, I don't know.  You implied something earlier, but I can't remember precisely what you said."  Because your hand stroked my thigh and stole every coherent thought I had.

He moved in closer and settled his hands on my hips.  "Stunning."

Oh geez.  My brain fumbled for a response like a hamster running on a wheel.  "Thank you."  Thank you?

He applied a little pressure and leaned in to whisper in my ear. "You aren't the same girl that I dated seven years ago.  You're a courageous, outrageous, and utterly irresistible woman."

His lips grazed mine, light as a feather, but as calamitous as an earthquake.  My resolve to not fall under his spell disappeared into the void.

I opened myself for the kiss to follow that would match my own hunger.

He spun on his heel and started for the steps.  Involuntarily, I gasped in disappointment.  He turned around so fast that he was a blur.  His hands were in my hair and the kiss was primal, unwavering in intensity.  I felt tremors in my knees.  It ended as violently as it began.  He turned without a word and was gone within seconds.

I tentatively touched my fingers to my mouth.  The skin was still warm and tingling.  It was real.

"Please don't be the same boy who smashed my heart like it was nothing," I whispered to the darkness.

7 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

Holy cow, YAY!

I know we aren't supposed to critique, but this is a great example of sucking the reader into a history without dumping info on us. Emotionally I was connected.

Robin said...

I do a weekly feature on Thursdays dedicating a little "something something" to various blogs. This week I dedicated something to you. Hope you like it:)

Empty Nest Insider said...

Great scene! Hopefully, they are older and smarter this time around!

Julie

Aldrea Alien said...

Yay!

Patchi said...

Yay! Loved it!

Liza said...

Yay! Pulled me right in!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Woo HOO!!!! YEEEEEEESSSS! Excuse me. (ahem) I mean YAY.