Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Monday, April 11, 2016

I - A to Z Challenge

Blogging from A to Z Challenge 2016


Theme for the Challenge:





Guess the movie!

"We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down, and worry about our place in the dirt.  Mankind was born on Earth. It was never meant to die here." 


Blight rules the Earth. It breathes nitrogen, kills crops, and people starve—if they don't suffocate first. They must find a new home outside the galaxy.

Few movies affected me like this sci-fi movie. It is genuine science fiction, the kind I remember growing up. In my opinion, it is the absolute definition of the genre. The soundtrack is haunting, the storyline amazing. No tropes here.

It stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, and Michael Caine and is produced and directed by the same folks who wrote Inception, another unique movie. 

If you have Amazon Prime, you can see it free. If you don’t have Prime, sign up for the free month and watch it. The "time" scene is sci-fi deluxe.

I can't think of a better movie made in the last ten years. Honestly, one of the best I've ever seen. Ever.


Highlight below for the answer.

Interstellar

10 comments:

Linda A. said...

Fun A-Z posts. I just wanted to write and say thanks for reaching out to me. Looking forward to following this blog!

Karen Baldwin said...

I love fun blog posts! Thanks!

Darla M Sands said...

Ooh, thank you for the tip. I was totally disappointed in the film "Gravity". Maybe I can convince my partner to give this a try.
Awakening Dreams and Conquering Nightmares with a Pen
Take care!

Lidy said...

I haven't seen this movie but do remember seeing the trailer for it. I'm not too into sci-fi movies although I won't pass on a Star Trek movie. And have seen and enjoyed Super 8, Earth to Echo and Outlander. Jupiter Ascending was okay too. NVM, I'm more into sci-fi movies than I thought.

mshatch said...

I have not seen this but is immediately going on my list. Thanks!

Bushman said...

I am a sucker for a good sci-fi movie or better yet a book.

Liz A. said...

I haven't seen this one. I've been meaning to.

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Sounds interesting. Can't believe I haven't watched it yet... Good luck with the rest of the AtoZchallenge.

Huntress said...

@LindaA: My pleasure!
@Em: Can't go wrong with good movies as a theme :)
@Darla: Gravity was an Okay movie. I guess. The barking made me cringe though.
@Marcy, Liz,and Ronel: See it. Honestly one of the best.

@Lidy: It's also about a dad connecting with his daughter. I can watch it then start from the beginning and watch it again. it's that good.

Chrys Fey said...

I've seen this movie a couple of times. It's very different and a bit trippy. haha