Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Your Very Own Writer's Conference

Two weeks ago, I had the great pleasure of attending one of my favorite writer's conferences. This was my third year in a row attending the LDStorymakers Conference in Kansas City. It's always a bit like coming home, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I'd love to share what I learned with you. This year I attended more Indie Author classes than craft, but there were a few craft insights that finally took root in my head. Here's what this week will look like:

Class on craft--Elements of Swoon-worthy Romance. I learned several things about characterization from this class that don't have anything to do with romance. That's right! There is something we can all use to help us create believable character arcs.

Indie 411: A hodge podge of helpful sites and cool information about audio books.

Marketing 101: Finding Reviewers. I've done okay with this in the past, and I'll be honest, I thought I knew what I was doing. However, I was only scratching the surface of possibilities. There are a few simple tricks to finding reviewers that I had no clue about.

And finally, I'll share my Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend a Writer's Conference.

1 comment:

Huntress said...

Holy Cats. I should have gone to the conference.

"Finding Reviewers" is about as elusive as discovering as honest, self-effacing politician.

I've giving up on finding either one.