Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let's Talk First Lines

Don't forget to sign up for our Blogfest! Click for Mr. Linky, pictures and the guidelines.





Okay, how are you doing? I feel like I'm completely out of touch after a month with no computer.

What are you working on right now? How can we help at UB?

We would really like to know.

To go along with Marcy's first chapter critiques she started, this week I want to gather your first lines. Just the first sentence.

I'll post them all on Thursday and then we can all comment on which ones catch our attention. I'm not going to post genre or title with it so you can tell us what genre and age group it sounds like to YOU. This could be very eye opening for all of us.


Send your first sentence to unicornbellsubmissions@gmail.com with First line in the subject line.

3 comments:

David P. King said...

That's a fantastic idea for a bloghop. I have to think about entering. Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Brooke R. Busse said...

Umm... I'm pretty sure everyone knows my first sentence by now. XD Maybe I could send one from my first drafts from NaNo...

Alicia Willette-Cook said...

Oh the chaos! HA! Wait! That's not my sentence...though it could be...hmmm...

I can't wait to see what this brings in...should be really cool! :)