Here are our first line submissions. In the comments, tell us which ones grabbed your interest and why.
1. I remember falling.
2. To a ghost, telling a lie is like dancing a tango. Lots of fun
but even better with an audience.
3. Footsteps thumped over Kierra's head.
4. The wind rustled the flowers in my hands.
5. She found the key under his bed.
6. The overcast sky pressed into the ground heavy with humidity, pollen, and insects.
7. Eight hours of freedom. That's all I had left when the call came in.
8. Time, it flows and ebbs relative to perspective.
9. This year on the day of ascension, I'm supposed to stand before the Abhithian high council and marry a human.