Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Where Do You Write?


Over the years my Where has changed many times. At first I didn't have a designated area for my desk, then I did. Even with a designated area I often found that a change of scenery could loosen writer's block and set the words flowing again.

So I guess I'll never be monogomous with my Where.

Others of you may need the comfort of a specific chair facing a certain wall/window/photo/etc in order to slip into writing mode.

It's all good. Remember from yesterday, the important part is that you WRITE.

I've written in doctor's offices, car pool lines, at church, at my kid's recitals (while waiting for it to start!), in the car on long trips, by the pool, on my back porch, sitting at the couch/kitchen table/desk, in my closet in the middle of the night and laying in bed. There were probably a few other places, but you get the idea.

Tell us, WHERE do you prefer to write?

4 comments:

Huntress said...

Where I create the storyline is different than where I write the actual scenes. My creativity usually comes out when it is inconvenient (and reckless) to write.

I write long-hand on spiral notebooks at the treadmill. Stop beside the road and scribble my thoughts while driving to town. And you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some of my little notebooks or Post Its laying around the house.

The hard work comes at the keyboard, with music plugged into my ears, and the husband tied up and gagged.

"So I guess I'll never be monogomous with my Where." - still laughing, btw.
CD Coffelt ponders at Spirit Called
And critiques at UnicornBell
Facebooks at Wilder Mage

Alicia Willette-Cook said...

Always carry a moleskin journal with me wherever I go. I have evernote on my phone just in case.

But for the REAL work my computer desk faces out to my 'back yard' and I can see my blueberry bushes...and the squashes and artichokes. As well as the groundhog that's decided to take up residence out there. grr.

Liz A. said...

My computer is usually set up in my room. But my favorite thinking place is in the shower.

Jai said...

I have a corner in my room where I usually write, though I have a notebook when I'm on the go.