Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Friday, December 2, 2016

100 Best Novels Quiz

Like Monday and Wednesday, today I'm giving you another quiz to play.


This one is a bit of a challenge. And they give you 15 minutes to do it in... 

Modern Library Board's Best 100 Novels


This quiz only shows 55 of them, but it's kind of particular. The titles are between 2 and 9 words long, and the full title (including all articles) must be entered for it to read. But, all the words in all the titles are given. Just...in alphabetical order. 

A few tips:
  1. Just type titles into the typing bar. It'll fill in the correct spot for you. 
  2. Spelling...counts. But, all the words are on screen, so you can check your spelling.
  3. The top 100 novels by the Modern Library Board is a thing. I bet you could look it up. Not that I'm advocating cheating or anything... 
Again, I'd love to know how you did in the comments. I didn't cheat, and it shows in my score... 

6 comments:

Huntress said...

50
Pitiful
I knew many but messed up when I didn't add the A or The to the title.

Liz A. said...

Yes, this one was very particular about getting the exact title. I much prefer the ones where this isn't the case.

Janie Junebug said...

I got 130 before I ran out of time. I was pleased that I knew so many.

Love,
Janie

mshatch said...

I got 84/42% but ran out of time. meh.

Anne Johnson said...

I got 71 percent, don't know how I missed Brave New World.

Darla M Sands said...

I need to dedicate time to writing today but will have to check this out. Be well!