Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Just Desserts

Lately I've been a slave to my sweet tooth. Over at my blog, World of the Scribe, I've had chocolate cake on the mind. And today I'll be discussing the matter of ice cream, too. I don't think it's exactly fair that my muse can have all the sugar she wants and not suffer the dire consequences for it. Then again, there are no calories in merely eyeing candy, are there?

So for today's prompt challenge, I want to see your culinary creations of the sugary variety. Write a few sentences describing the sweets your characters are dealing with. Bonus Kudos points for anyone who can get their characters to start a food fight, or who can get me to salivate.

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Sweets will just have me craving Krispy Kreme apple fritters. I'm trying to control my weight. So I think I'll skip on detailing them too much. Let's just say...they are tasty and melt in your mouth.

Charity Bradford said...

I'm having the same problem, but my temptation is dark chocolate with sea salt and almonds. I could eat it by the pound and die happy.

Here's something off the top of my head:

Henry set the the slice of cake in front of her but held up his hand, "Not yet."

He placed a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side, and she watched it start to melt next to the warm chocolate. The tiny beads of vanilla beckoned her, but he wasn't finished. Next came a thin caramel sauce drizzled all over.