Who prophesize with your pen.
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won’t come again.
And don’t speak too soon
For the wheel’s still in spin.
And there’s no tellin’ who that it’s namin’
For the loser now will be later to win.
For the times they are a-changin’. - Bob Dylan
Unicorn Bell, the product of writers, is a-changin’...er, making a few adjustments.
A regular schedule. Our team at UB has individual talents.
- L. Blankenship is gifted at critiquing 1500 word submissions. She takes subs anytime of the month.
- Marcy is expert at First Pages and interviews.
- I, the Huntress of Fantasy, like taming the Query Monster and all its minions including loglines and blurbs.
To give our followers time to submit their chapters, loglines, and first pages, a weekly schedule is in order. Submit with the appropriate request title in the subject line.
Blogfests and book tours. So you want to create a presence online. How to do it?
My publisher, Musa Publishing, suggests bloghops/fests. Enter as many as you can manage. Comment and participate. This gets you out there, puts your name in front of people.
So why shouldn’t Unicorn Bell conduct a regular bloghop too? Good question and now a two word answer:
- Charity Bradford. She intends to hold a bloghop during some of her weeks.
Book tours. Excitement is building. You have a book coming out! Now you want everyone to get the message.
- Elizabeth Arundel takes command of book tours.
During her week, she will post all the info you send about your book. Send all pertinent info to email@example.com. In the Subject line, write Book Tour.
Lastly, do you have any special gifts that need an outlet? Would you like to join our team and build a writing platform to impress agents and publishers?
We are taking applicants for Unicorn Bell moderators. Send requests to our email with ‘Moderator Request’ in the subject line.