- Working Title if it has one
- Intended Age group
- Word count
- One of the main characters; tell us something about him/her in one short paragraph.
- Were are you in the story? What are the characters doing?
- What scene in the future are you looking forward to writing (or have you already written it?)
- What about this particular story are you finding difficult to write?
- What do you love about this story?
Here are my answers:
1. Bell, Black, & Briar
4. 35,824 (I was at 10k last time we spoke - I might be close finishing next time...)
5. Inspector Ian Beck of the Arcane Crime Unit (ACU for short, you know, kind of like the BAU). Although considered a loner by his superiors, Beck has good reason to keep to himself, possessing the ability to know a lie when he hears one. This makes relationships difficult at best.
6. My characters have just found another clue to the killer's identity at Gravesend Cemetery: a Tarot card that may have the killer's prints on it.
7. I'm looking forward to the scene where the killer and one of my characters interact. Needless to say I can't say more (spoiler!)
8. I've never written a murder mystery before, and keeping track of all the clues I've laid down and what still needs to be investigated has been difficult.
9. I really love my characters, and the setting, which is a city not unlike Boston, or London, or perhaps Ankh-Morpork, in which the supernatural/paranormal exists, is normal and sometimes messy.
Now go forth and write good stuff :)