Okay, maybe not completely, ie, we’re still going to be talking about writing this week, but I want to try something to see if it will make you all think. Some of these things I have trouble with and some I find easy. But let’s start at the beginning shall we?
In the comments, tell us what you’re working on:
- Working Title if it has one
- Intended Age group
- The main character, or if multiple, the one you thought of first. Tell us something about him/her in one short paragraph.
- Current word count
- Where are your characters right now? What are they doing?
- Do you know how it all ends?
- Plotter? Pantser? Somewhere in between?
- Seth, age 17, lost his sister in an accident that ruined his family, mom somewhere unknown, dad a mean drunk, which led Seth to build a tree house in the woods near his house…
- 38,697 (I’m a slow writer)
- They’ve just attended a quasi town meeting in which Major Baldwin informed the townsfolk of the impending blackout, and holds up three of his men as heroes for bringing in much needed supplies. One of them is an especially unpleasant fellow Seth and Lola met earlier in the story. Lola decides to leave the safety of the town.
- I do have the very last scene written (though it goes without saying it may change), but getting there is going to be an adventure.
- Pantser with some plotting thrown in plus character questionnaires, and novel questions – more of which I’ll be sharing with you later in the week.
These are the easy questions, Wednesday I’ll have some harder questions for you :)