An unselfish wish made on the horn of a unicorn will come true. Our wish? To support the writing community by giving constructive tips and criticism through submissions. Check out the submissions tab for more information. We can survive the crucible of fire together.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Drabble #4--Magic Kept

Magic Kept

A triangle of light touched the meadow floor. Sparks swirled like dust, and color exploded in the small space. A plethora of blossoms had been born in the glorious mixture of sun and magic.

I edged from the birds nest and shimmied down the tree, my boots catching only once on a strand of moss. 

Most night pixies lasted only a few moon turns, but not me. I had lived in time with the faeries since my first midnight trip in the light.

I stepped into the glow and felt it course through me. My own personal fountain of youth.

6 comments:

Charity Bradford said...

Such lovely imagery! And I have a person thing for sun magic. ;)

Huntress, aka CD Coffelt said...

excellent writing. A+

Ginger Faulkner said...

Really beautiful imagery and external descriptions. The story was magical, and I personally love anything to do with pixies and fae.

Hillary said...

Thanks guys :) I always lean to the fantastical

mshatch said...

Vivid description - wow.

Kristin Smith said...

Beautifully written. I love this!