An unselfish wish made on the horn of a unicorn will come true. Our wish? To support the writing community by giving constructive tips and criticism through submissions. Check out the submissions tab for more information. We can survive the crucible of fire together.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hook #14

I tossed my backpack in a corner of the studio and high-fived Rodney on his way out. “Hey, Kitty, thanks again for taking the midnight shift,” he said. 

He’d started playing some third-generation grunge band that made my hackles rise, but I smiled anyway.

A delightful surprise, Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn. This continues as the 'Kitty' series. 

2 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great hook. I definitely want to know why she's smiling anyway.

Huntress said...

Excellent series