An unselfish wish made on the horn of a unicorn will come true. Our wish? To support the writing community by giving constructive tips and criticism through submissions. Check out the submissions tab for more information. We can survive the crucible of fire together.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hook #10

I’d been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar.

The famous first line to a famous first book of the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark. TV show is True Blood.

3 comments:

Patchi said...

I've seen this one before and I still think there is something off with the sentence. I just can't figure out what it is...

Huntress said...

Hint: Written by an established author, this series of books launched a famous TV show by a different name.

mshatch said...

Now this makes me curious. Why was the narrator waiting for the vampire? What's the plan? I want to know more.