Writing, promotion, tips, and opinion. Pour a cuppa your favorite poison and join in.

Monday, July 2, 2012

First Chapter Crit

This week I am calling for a first chapter to crit. If you would like your first chapter critiqued here this week (I will be splitting the chapter up into four parts, one each for the remaining days of the week) send it to unicornbellsubmissions@gmail.com and please include the title, genre, and intended audience as well as any specific questions about your chapter you would like answered. I will do my best to tell you where the chapter succeeds and where it fails. Does it 'hook' the reader? Does it show more than tell? Do I find the character(s) interesting enough to read on? Are there grammatical issues? Is the voice/pov working?

You, as our ever so wonderful readers, will be invited to comment and let the author know what you thought of their piece. 


First come first serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very generous of you. A little too public for me, but I hope you get lots of takers.

Tara Tyler said...

mayhap i will give you my mg fantasy...hmm

mshatch said...

you are welcome to remain anonymous :)

mshatch said...

We have a submission! Tomorrow I will post part one...